Friday, April 26, 2013

Whiskey Barrel Coffee Table

"Whiskey is by far the most popular of all remedies that won't cure a cold."
- Jerry Vale




This whiskey barrel (yes, its an actual whiskey barrel!) coffee table was super easy and inexpensive to make. For less than $150 you can have a rustic-chic custom piece of furniture.

I snagged the barrel for just $30 at Home Depot! They can be found in the garden section, as they are usually used as planters. I also grabbed a pack of stick on bumpers to prevent the glass from sliding.

The glass is the most expensive part - the 36" round glass was $112 at Pier 1. But everything is more expensive in Hawaii (I think I saw it for $89 online).

You can leave the barrel empty so you can see the charred siding, or fill it with something decorative. I'm saving up my wine and whiskey bottles to place inside to see if I like it better than it's current filling - straw like material and wine corks. Get creative and make it your own!

Have fun DIYers!

- A

No comments:

Post a Comment